GE script: Objekte entlang spline platzieren

benjoglove

Re: GE script: Objekte entlang spline platzieren

Beitrag von benjoglove » Mi 11. Jan 2017, 06:55

Hi great script thank you. What would I be doing wrong here to cause my fences to go on 90 degree angle? As you can see my first fence is straight (one on right by itself). Any help would be appreciated.
Untitled.jpg
Here is current script setup:

-- Parameter section
local objectDistance = 10 -- distance between objects -- Abstand der Objekte --
local noObjectAtStart = false -- no object at start of spline -- kein Objekt am Anfang --
local stayUpright = true -- objects stay upright -- Objekte stehen immer gerade (y nach oben) --
local useDistanceTable = false -- use distanceTable instead of objectDistance - be careful -- verwende Tabelle mit Abstaenden anstatt objectDistance - sei vorsichtig! --
local distanceTable = {6,1.50,0.2} -- distanceTable, has to be set for each object, too many entrys don't mind -- Tabelle mit den Abstaenden fuer jedes Objekt, zu viele Eintraege schaden nicht , zu wenig fuehren zu Fehlern
local randomOrder = false -- order of objects is choosen by random -- Die Reihenfolge der Objekte ist zufallsgesteuert
local randomObjectDistance = false -- ranomizes distance between objects -- Abstaende zwischen den Objekten werden zufallsgesteuert
local randomObjectDistancePercentage = 150 -- percentage of objectDistance -- Variation des Abstands in Prozent der objectDistance --
local randomPlacement = false -- places the object away from the spline by random choosen displacement -- Zufallsgesteuerte Position abseits des Splines --
local randomPlacementDistance = 5 -- dislocation distance from spline by randomPlacement -- Abstand zum Spline (x-z-Ebene) bei zufaelliger Platzierung
local randomYrotation = false -- random rotation of y-Axis -- zufaellige Rotation um y-Achse
local randomScale = false -- random scale of objects -- zufaellige Skalierung der Objekte --
local randomScaleLowLimX = 1 -- lower limit of scaleX -- untere Grenze der x-Skalierung --
local randomScaleHighLimX = 1 -- upper limit of scaleX -- obere Grenze der x-Skalierung --
local randomScaleLowLimY = 0.5 -- lower limit of scaleY -- untere Grenze der y-Skalierung --
local randomScaleHighLimY = 2 -- upper limit of scaleY -- obere Grenze der y-Skalierung --
local randomScaleLowLimZ = 1 -- lower limit of scaleZ -- untere Grenze der z-Skalierung --
local randomScaleHighLimZ = 1 -- upper limit of scaleZ -- obere Grenze der z-Skalierung --
local alignWithTerrain = true -- aligns objects with terrain -- Setzt die Objekte auf's Terrain --
local notAtTerrainZero = true -- if alignWithTerrain place no objects at height zero, which will be the result for objects outside the map -- wenn alignWithTerrain gewaehlt wurde, werden keine Objekte auf Hoehe Null gesetzt (das ist der Fall, wenn die Objekte ausserhalb der Map sind) --

TracMax

Beitrag von TracMax » Do 12. Jan 2017, 19:20

Hi benjoglove,

I guess that the orientation of the fence is not in z direction (compare e.g to my railroad track). You can fix this: put the generating fence to the origin (translation = zero), rotate it 90 degrees and use "freeze transformations" on this object (check "" and "preserve instances", others may be unchecked). I got best results when the origin of the object (fence) is at one end and the z-direction (blue arrow) points away from the object.
rail04.jpg
Good luck :thumbup:
TracMax

benjoglove

Beitrag von benjoglove » Do 12. Jan 2017, 22:45

Thank you for the great response and it worked! When I freeze the transformation the blue arrow points towards the object so not sure how to get it to point away?

One other question how do we set the distance between each fence so that they don't double over each other and lap over nicely? (Hope that makes sense). I guess it would be the same process with railway lines and making sure they join without having to edit the distance.

TracMax

Beitrag von TracMax » Sa 14. Jan 2017, 22:07

One other question how do we set the distance between each fence so that they don't double over each other and lap over nicely? (Hope that makes sense). I guess it would be the same process with railway lines and making sure they join without having to edit the distance.
For the distance you can use the length of the object (in your case the fence). For a nice overlap wihout "holes" you hve to try out the best value of "objectDistance". In some cases you should decease the value if you place the objects at steep slopes

TracMax

Beitrag von TracMax » Sa 14. Jan 2017, 22:15

Aufgrund des "Problems" von benjoglove habe ich interne Rotation um alle drei Achsen in das Script eingefügt, update Version 1.3 im Hauptbeitrag.
Damit kann man nun die Objekte noch beliebig um die objekteigenen Achsen drehen.

Beispiel mit cowFence3m von Giants (Parameter im Spoiler)
► Text zeigen
cowFence01.jpg
Und mit Rotation um die x-Achse sieht es so aus

Code: Alles auswählen

local internalXrotation =-60                 -- internal rotation of x-Axis in degrees -- interne Rotation um x-Achse in Grad
cowFence02.jpg
Viel Spaß
TracMax

Gonimy_Vetrom

Beitrag von Gonimy_Vetrom » Mi 13. Jun 2018, 19:50

Thanks for your script. Very simplified my work with the map.
All your scripts are useful.
Thank you.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Sonstige“